Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

~ the singer’s girlfriend

It’s all still a bit patchy, but it’s moving along. The Ears took over the front room of my home in My Waverley today, all of us bar Carl Manuell the drummer. At this point it’s mostly about teaching the songs to the ring-ins Chris and Andrew.

An odd feeling, though. As if we’d come full circle and were back at the beginning, rehearsing in a suburban loungeroom. My wife is getting a little excited about it all – she’s never really seen much of my musical side and she does have a soft spot for musicians, and she will get to be the singer’s girlfriend for an afternoon.

Suddenly I’m back in a world I last abandoned more than a decade ago. Dolores thinks I’ll get a fresh taste for it. Well, who knows?


Stumble Upon Toolbar DiggIt!

No comments: